Monday 16 November 2009

"Striving Sevens" use SOLO

Recently my goal has been to further develop my own professional knowledge around the CSS inquiry rubric. I wanted to develop my own questioning skills and use strategies to assisst children to assess themselves against the rubric. I have found the inquiry solo rubric has given my teaching and children’s learning a lot more direction and ambition. It is so easy for children to code themselves and I find the more it becomes a natural part of classroom life and is refered to casually as well as officially the more children just naturally use the language. The children’s questions have improved simply by looking at the stages and what they need to do to achieve the next stage. Children now usually start a question with “explain why/how/what” because they know the answer they will receive will have more information in it. It has become a natural part of room 7 =)

No comments: